Devon House stands in peaceful landscaped grounds of approximately two acres and is within walking distance of Bovey Tracey town centre. Known as the "Gateway to the Moors", this bustling town offers a comprehensive range of shops and amenities including a health centre, library, primary school, inns and churches. The town also benefits from good sporting facilities, including a swimming pool and a sports field/ tennis court. The A38 dual carriageway, linking Exeter and Plymouth to the M5 motorway is within two miles of the town and there are mainline railway stations at Newton Abbot and Exeter. The open spaces of Dartmoor lie just to the west of the town and the South Devon beaches are mostly within half an hour's driving distance.
This second floor apartment forms part of an impressive Grade II Listed Victorian House, and was built in the mid 1800's. Internally the property offers bright accommodation. Access to the property is via a wooden door into a communal entrance with stairs rising to the second floor landing. From here the apartment can then be found on the left. Inside, the entrance hall leads on to all rooms.
The spacious bathroom includes a three piece suite, with panelled bath with shower over, pedestal hand basin and low level WC. The feature window to rear elevation. There is a door to a large walk- in storage cupboard. Tiled splash backs and a heated electric towel rail complete the bathroom. The kitchen has been recently fitted with oak cupboards and worktop space. There is a cooker and washing machine included. The feature window looks to the rear of the property and there is a wall mounted gas fired heater which serves the hot water system.
At the end of the hallway is the L- shaped living/ dining room with feature windows to the rear of the property and looking out to the surrounding countryside. The two double bedrooms both have feature windows to front elevation and radiators.
Living Room 14'8 x 13'3 (4.5m x 4.0m)
Bedroom One 13'9 x 10' (4.2m x 3.1m)
Bedroom Two 10' x 9'4 (3.1m x 2.8m)
Kitchen 10' x 9'4 (3.1m x 2.8m)
Bathroom 8'9 x 7'5 (2.7m x 2.3m)
Based on rent of £800
Holding deposit: £184
Heating is included in the rent -November to April
Strictly no pets
Tenants must be over 30 years old
Council Tax Band is B (£1767.23 - 2023/24)
FEES AND DEPOSIT
A holding deposit, equal to 1 weeks rent is payable at the start of the application. Successful Applications - any holding deposit will be offset against the Initial Rent, with the agreement of the payee.
Fees, payable in accordance with the Tenant Fees Act 2019:
- Default Fee for Late Payment of Rent Interest will be charged in line with the Bank of England's rate if a rent payment is more than 14 days overdue for each day the payment is outstanding.
- Replacement of Lost Keys/Security Device. The Tenant is liable for the cost of the replacement item.
- Change to the Tenancy Agreement A fee of £50 will be charged where the Tenant(s) requests a change to the Tenancy Agreement. For example, but not limited to a change of sharer or permission to keep a pet in the Property or permission to add a Permitted Occupier.
- End a Tenancy Within the Initial Fixed Term The Tenant is liable to pay for any reasonable costs incurred by the Landlord should the Tenant(s) wish to end the Tenancy within the initial fixed term.
- Breach of Tenancy Agreement The Tenant is liable for any reasonable costs or damage suffered by the Landlord or Agent as a consequence of any breach of the Tenancy Agreement.
A deposit equal to 5 weeks rent. The deposit and first months rent is payable once the references have been passed and before the tenancy begins.
Thinking of selling or letting out a property? Fill in your details and one of our friendly team will contact you to confirm your booking. It’s free, and there is no obligation – We’ll talk to you about the current market, and how you can maximise the value of your property.