Our offices are now open – but we are proceeding with caution.
Eight weeks have now passed since we were placed on lockdown and the estate agency industry virtually stopped. During that time we have been working hard behind the scenes to keep potential buyers keen and positive about the market and we’ve also been managing sales that are going through the conveyancing process.
As you will have seen in the media, on Tuesday evening we were given the green light to re-open in order to begin getting the market moving again. There was no advance warning to the industry and so we found out at the same time as the general public.
We are now returning to work but we have to ensure the safety of our staff and customers and so we have been busy creating the procedures that will become applicable for the foreseeable future.
We are closely following the advice that has been published by the government in order to ensure that we are doing all we can to help keep everyone safe. If you would like to read the government advice you can do so by clicking this link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-advice-on-home-moving-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
To ensure we return in a controlled manner, we are opening the offices from 9am until 1pm Monday to Friday to begin with, this will enable us to have a member of staff in the office during the morning and to carry out essential appointments in the afternoon.
We need to ensure we follow the guidelines as best we can, and your help is greatly appreciated and in particular your attention is drawn to the following:
- Initial viewings should be done virtually wherever this is possible we can help you to do this.
- All physical viewings should be limited to members of the same household and open house viewings should not take place. – We have a great offer for you, details will follow soon.
- If people are being shown around your current home, you should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- As most people choose to, we recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
- Anyone involved in any aspect of the home moving process should practice social distancing in line with public health advice.
As an additional precaution we have created a health assessment for all viewers to complete before the appointment. They will sign this electronically in order to confirm that they present a minimal risk to you.
We are also doing our best to ensure that viewings are only carried out by potential purchasers who are able to buy or who have at least agreed a sale on their own property.
Thank you so much for your understanding during this time. We really appreciate your patience as the market gets moving again. We are in uncharted territory but can assure you that we continue to work hard and always keep your best interests at heart.
James Cooper MNAEA